Wow. The past few weeks have been completely life changing. The effects of the COVID-19 outbreak are having a huge impact on all of us. I hope that you are finding some moments in your day that are filled with love, laughter, and hope in this uncertain and heartbreaking time. Many of you that are reading this are my current patients and let me just say, I miss you! The past three weeks without being able to see you in clinic has felt more like an eternity. I know that many of you are still struggling with your chronic health conditions, may be feeling more stress and anxiety than normal and you may even be experiencing new symptoms. Some of you that I see more regularly may be starting to feel the difference in your body after not being able to receive acupuncture for the past few weeks. I want to remind you that I am still here for you and there is a lot that I can provide for you using the powers of Traditional Oriental Medicine coupled with the amazing modern technology we have available. Telemedicine is here to save the day! I want to give you a break down of what to expect, what your treatments may look like and what conditions we can treat, since you may be wondering “how can my acupuncturists offer me care through telemedicine?. So far, the response from patients using telemedicine has been wonderful and they have been surprised with how much we can accomplish.
What to expect:
1. First, just click the link: If you are concerned about being “tech savvy” you don’t need to worry. Once we schedule your appointment, that you can book online or by contacting me directly, you will receive an email with a link that you will click on at our scheduled appointment time. All you do is just click the link! Super easy! You can use your phone, tablet or computer to connect. Make sure your camera is turned on so that we can see each other.
2. Smile: Once you are in you will see me, most likely set up at my kitchen table! I will be smiling and most likely waving because like I said before, I miss you and am excited to see you.
3. Business as usual: After our greeting, we will get into our normal intake that you are used to from the clinic. I will ask you about your chief concern, what makes it better/worse, and we will go through all the normal questions about your overall health (sleep, digestive, stress, diet, energy, etc.). I will then have you show me your tongue so I can use that to help with my diagnosis and see how you are progressing.
4. Listen: One of my biggest jobs in clinic or via telemedicine is to listen. I am here to support you, to hold space for you to be heard and then together we will build a treatment plan to meet your needs.
What your treatments may look like:
Per usual, all the treatments are tailored specifically to you as an individual and your current needs. Depending on what those are we may use a combination of the following methods:
1. Herbs: I may recommend a specific herbal medicine formula to treat your current conditions, that can be shipped directly to your house. I can create custom formulas to treat pretty much every condition that we treat normally with acupuncture.
2. Acupressure: I may show you specific acupressure points that I will have you press on to help relieve your current symptoms and treat the underlying root of the condition. I will probably give you “homework” to apply pressure on these points multiple times a day to get the full strength of the treatment. I will send you a document after our visit with the prescribed points and instructions.
3. Nutrition/Diet recommendations: These are based off your goals and TCM diagnosis. Nutrition plays a huge role in our overall health.
4. Lifestyle recommendations: This is very specific to your needs, and we may talk about exercise, helping you create a schedule for your new life at home, adjusting bedtimes/mealtimes, etc.
5. Qi Gong and Mediation: I may teach you some qi gong and meditation techniques that are specific to your conditions. This will be easy to follow and extremely powerful!
6. Stress and anxiety management: Filling your personal toolbox with tips and tricks to help manage your stress and anxiety.
7. Exercises and stretching: If you are experiencing pain we will most likely go through some stretches and exercises to help alleviate your symptoms.
As you can see, we have a lot of very effective options for treatment, and even though you call me your acupuncturist, I am trained and licensed in a broad spectrum of Traditional Oriental Medicine techniques!
What conditions can we treat:
With the incredible vast knowledge of Traditional Oriental Medicine, you can see we have a lot of tools in our toolbox. Lucky for us this means that we can use a combination of all these techniques to continue to support you and continue to treat your health conditions. Yes, we may be using techniques that you haven’t tried before, but they can be just as powerful as acupuncture if we do it right! So basically, anything that we have been working on in clinic with acupuncture we can find a way using these powerful tools to continue treating!
If you have any questions about whether telemedicine may be right for you, please send me an email at email@example.com or give me a call at (941) 500-4378. I would love to hear from you and to talk about what options I have for you.
If you are ready now you can schedule online by clinking “Book Here” at the top of the page!
New Patient consult, 1 hr: $100
Follow Up (existing patients), 30 mins: $50-call or video
Follow Up (existing patients), 15 mins: $25-call or video